Sunday, June 25, 2006

Drawings from my book

These are a couple of pages of my current sketchbook. It is comprised of doodles, ideas and notes; including various things I encountered during my road trip a couple of months back.


I went sky diving a couple of times this last year. It was and continues to be a wonderful experience. This page was created 20 minutes before my first jump. Two characters I met, one a 70-year-old man who is addicted to jumping (has over 800 jumps under him) and the other; an older black woman, a 40-year-old mother who jumps every weekend as a hobby. They found their way into my book.

Drawing on the plane, turning unsuspecting passengers into victims for my drawings…

Notes and ideas for a painting…

I like the smile on this one…

Waiting for sushi to arrive… My favorite drawings I find are the most careless ones.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dex....please post more sketchbook images.

I swear I'm running out to Pearl's tomorow and buying a whole mess of new supplies....I miss working with guoache!

Michelle said...

Yes, please more sketches!!! They're absolutly beautiful and inspiring! Thanks for putting them up. I really like color of your sketchbook pages too. Seems less intimidating, and you can use white. Great work!

Christine Lim said...

Hi Dex, your sketches in your sketchbook are awesome. Thanks for liking mine. I have a long way to go before I can sketch "like" you. ;)

dunnedain said...

...No siempre tienen significado dices, pero tu cabeza esta llena de monstruos y imagenes envidiables!...estoy gratamente sorprendida...tu trabajo es increible y de gran calidad.Sigue en ese mundo tan extraordinario y a partir de hoy te visitaré muchas veces más.
yo tengo tambien mi modesto blog,pasate si quieres

Willie Baronet said...

Love your sketches!!