Sunday, June 25, 2006

More drawings...

Here are a couple of more pages from my sketchbook.



These two are ballpoint and sumi-ink drawings. I drew them inside a coffee shop I found in some small town in the Florida panhandle. There was an annoying man that spoke loudly about how much money he made. I remember thinking that my coffee was quite hot. It would have made a great projectile. But ultimately, a cooler head prevailed and I went off to look for a good Rilke book.

I like this movie quite a bit, although I find many people are turned off by it. Watercolor and gouache over a xylene transfer…

Red ballpoint, watercolor and gouache over a xylene transfer…

2 comments:

Pia said...

I am seriously in love with your work. The second page with the monk and birds is my favorite.

I mentioned this on my blog, but you really do remind me of James Jean (he paints the covers for "Fables").

Post more work! I'm adding you to Bloglines right now.

suzanne cabrera said...

I always avoid ballpoint pens. But, after seeing your work, I may have to reconsider.